Rule 18 is……SLEEPING!
That’s right people, sleeping is not just healthy - it also helps with weight loss.
Let’s talk, first of all, about the HEALTH benefits of sleeping (being healthy is more important than being skinny, after all…):
· Improving memory.
· Lower risk of suffering from inflammatory proteins.
· Lower risk of suffering from heart diseases, strokes, diabetes, obesity and depression
· Live longer
Did I convince you already?
You need to sleep in order to live; it’s that simple, and I don’t care how busy you are. We all have 24 hours a day and we all manage to deal with that, you CAN NOT skip sleeping!
Now let’s talk about how it helps you with losing weight, ok?
· Lowers the cortisol levels in your blood and boosts your metabolism,
· Reduces stress,
· Increase the hormone leptin (appetite-control hormones).
· A study done by “Annals of Internal Medicine” determined that when dieters got a 8 hours’ sleep the weight they lost was FAT and not water or muscles, like the dieters who got less then 8 hours sleep.
· A study done by University of Arizona determined that women that slept more than 7 hours kept they weight off.
Prefect! I trust you’re going to get 8 hours sleep tonight!
And in case you can’t get a good night sleep I suggest EXERCISE!
If you need help with that contact me through twitter @DanaGatPT.
I know it was a short post this time but now you have time to EAT THE CAKE AND NOT GET FAT.