Strawberries, cheese, chocolate, yogurt, apples, pineapple, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, nuts, seeds, onion, carrot and oranges.
No, it’s not my grocery list; it’s the list of foods which help you get a better smile!
Healthy white teeth are too rare and I think the blame is on our lifestyle; things like:
Alcohol, teas, coffee, candy, cereal and other processed food do not just cause you cavities, but also make your teeth ugly.
This post its not about my telling you the chemistry of how it works (because I find it boring), but it’s about recipes and letting you know that eating chocolate is good for you.
Strawberry, Arugula and Prosciutto salad:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 6 cups baby arugula (about 5 ounces)
- 2 ounces goat cheese or feta, crumbled
Preparation1. Whisk together first 4 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large serving bowl. Add berries and red onion; let stand 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, lightly coat a seasoned cast-iron skillet or non-stick pan with cooking spray, and heat over moderately high heat. Add prosciutto in one layer, and cook, turning, about 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate to cool; crumble and reserve.
3. Place the baby arugula in a large serving bowl with the cheese; add the strawberries, red onion, and balsamic dressing, and toss gently until just coated.
- 1 cup plain, fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups ripe pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1/2 pineapple)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 pint)
- 6 tablespoons low-fat granola
PreparationCombine the yogurt, honey, granola and fruit in a bowl.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups:
8 oz of 70% bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup cream cheese
1 Tbsp. stevia
1 Tbsp. vanilla
4 paper or foil muffin cup liners
1. Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a small pot of simmering water.
2. Using a pastry brush or new paintbrush paint chocolate onto the inside of the muffin cups.
3. Place them in a muffin tin for easier handling.
4. Paint a thick layer and then refrigerate until it has set hard.
5. Puree the peanut butter, cream cheese, stevia and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
6. Spoon or pipe into the hardened chocolate cups and then pour a thick layer of the remaining melted chocolate over the top making sure the edges are sealed.
7. Put back in fridge until the tops have set.
8. Peel liners off before serving.
And that’s it my dears.
I really wanted you to know that strawberries are the best thing for your teeth and you can add it for lunch or nice breakfast and that like I always say chocolate is a magical thing.
Now you have the list of the things you need to add to your diet for healthy teeth, so all you need is to make peanut butter cups.
And what a healthy recipe I gave you! Yum yum!
It’s not about fat loss; this time it’s about beauty and for me beauty is an important thing. You can be super healthy but if you don’t take care of how you look then for me you’re not really healthy.
Don’t sell yourself short; you work your butt off try to look sexy right? Don’t forget the small things - teeth and nails - because as you get sexier all those things get more obvious and you will end up looking ridiculous and I don’t want it to happen to you.
Be healthy. Look healthy. Eat chocolate.