I’m not your typical bodybuilder. I care about health more than how ripped I get because I understand the long term influence my lifestyle will have on my body and last week I explained to you why. But this time I want to talk about something else.
Remember! Stressed people tend to pack on pounds and hold to the fat, so if you trying to lose fat you need to start by taking a breath and relax.
But sometimes, just taking a breath doesn’t work so if you’re stressed (and let’s be honest: the holiday’s starting so you’re probably stressed), I suggest you start your day like a granola than transforms into the beast you are and go to sleep like the princess you are.
“Granola”: means that your lifestyle is like that of a hippie. You tend to eat natural, organic foods and are often vegetarian or vegan. You tend to recycle. You wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes.
When I say start your day like a granola I mean something like that:
5:00am- wake up and take a warm shower. Not hot - you don’t want to get you blood pumping.
5:25am – drink warm water with lemon to awaken you organs.
5:30am – 30 min meditation.
6:00am – low impact workout (think yin yoga, Pilates or just stretching)
7:00am- breakfast (recipes will follow) with unsweetened caffeine-free green tea.
You can go back to be a beast (go lift something) and you won’t have any problem sleeping like a princess.
Now for recipes…I’m going to give you recipes for granola lifestyle.
Don’t overeat them! They’ew very high in carbs and sugar so watch it.
Eat it in the morning, only in the morning and not all of them.
Use your brain and if you need advice write to me at: email@example.com
Cherry Pecan Granola:
· 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats
· ½ cup raw pecans, chopped
· ½ cup unsweetened dried cherries, chopped
· ¼ cup raw sliced almond
· ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
· 2 tbsp maple syrup
· 1 tbsp coconut oil
Mix all together and bake for 30 min on 375F.
· Mix your desired amount of oat with the same amount of desired fluid (water, juice or milk) 1:1 ratio.
· Add your desired topping.
· Store in Mason jar in the fridge overnight.
Flavours to try:
· Orange & vanilla (fluid – orange)
· Maple, pecan, banana & peanut butter (fluid – water)
· strawberries & chia seed (fluid - soy milk)
· Mango & coconut (fluid – water/soy milk)
· Ginger & peach (fluid – water/soy milk)
· Chocolate & banana (fluid – soy milk)
No-bake Chocolate mint bars:
Put ½ cup oat in a blender and make it to flour.
Add: 1 tbsp stevia, 4 tbsp coconut oil, 6 oz dark chocolate chips, 9 mint leaves and ¼ cup almond milk. Blend.
Make it to roll and wrap with wax paper. It shouldn’t be sticky. Freeze for 2 hours.
Take out and cut.
No Bake Peppermint Patty Bars:
· 2 cups oats make to flour.
· 1/2 cup almonds
· 1/2 cup walnuts
· 4-5 tbsp cocoa powder, to taste
· 2 tbsp almond milk
· 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
· 1/4 cup oats
· 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
· 1 tsp coconut oil
· 10 mint leaves
· Line an 8-inch pan with two pieces of parchment paper, one going each way. Set aside.
· In a food processor, add almonds and walnuts. Process until a very fine crumble. Add oat flour & cocoa powder (start with 2 tbsp for now). Process until combined.
· Add in the maple syrup and almond milk. Process until a ball forms. Add another tablespoon of cocoa powder if desired. Process in the ¼ cup rolled oats and ¼ cup chocolate chips until combined.
· Take mixture and crumble it all over the prepared pan (it will be very sticky but not to worry). Now place parchment paper over top and press down evenly with your fingers. Use a pastry roller to smooth it out. Once smooth, place in freezer while you melt the chocolate topping.
· Add chocolate, coconut oil & mint into a small pot. Melt on low until most of the chocolate has melted and remove from heat. Stir. Remove pan from freezer and pour melted chocolate on top. Smooth out with spatula. Sprinkle on coconut (opt.) and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until set. Slice into 6 narrow rows and then in half to make 12 bars. Serve chilled.
No-Bake energy balls:
· 1 cup oatmeal
· ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
· ⅓ cup honey
· 1 cup coconut flakes
· ½ cup ground flaxseed
· ½ cup mini chocolate chips
· 1 tsp vanilla
Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated, let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour, once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!
Apricot & Cashew Energy Bars:
· 1 cup dried Turkish apricots
· ½ cup raw cashews
· ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
· ⅓ cup oats
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
· 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
· Line and 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
· Pulse cashews in food processor until crumbly, place in a separate bowl.
· Pulse apricots in food processor until finely chopped. Add all other ingredients to the apricot mixture and process until well combined.
· Add the chopped cashews to the mixture and pulse until combined.
· Firmly press the apricot mixture into the baking pan, using the flat surface of a measuring cup to create a flat even layer.
· Place pan in the freezer for one hour, then remove and cut into bars
Pomegranate Date Quinoa Energy Bar:
· ¾ cup Medjool dates
· ½ cup pomegranate seeds (1/4 of a big promegranate)
· ¼ cup flax seed
· ½ cup cooked quinoa
· ¼ cup sunflower seeds
· ¼ cup hemp seed powder
· Remove the core from the dates and chop into small chunks. They might be very sticky.
· Add all the ingredients into the food processor and process until smooth, or to the texture that you desire.
· Scoop the mixture into the bar-shaped silicon pan or any loaf pan
· Wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
· Remove the energy bars from the pan and put them into a freezer box or bags, keep them in the freezer and eat directly from the freezer. If it's too cold for you, you can wait until it reaches room temperature, but don't wait for too long, otherwise they turn soft and mushy.
And that’s it!
Remember! You’re supposed to choose only one of these recipes and eat it in the morning on a week when you feel stressed.
And don’t forget to take a deep breath!
For daily motivation check my twitter: @danagatfit
For daily recipes check my instagram: @danagatfit
For related articles check my Facebook page: eat cake & not get fat
For question or help please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org