Monday 1 December 2014

Carbs Cycling and fat burning recipes

Rule 66

So many diets out there, promising you things like losing 21LB in 30 days!  But let me tell you the truth: It takes just as fast to gain it back.
I’m one of the rare people who lost weight (40LB) and never put it back!  And you know why? Because I didn’t diet - I changed my lifestyle.
I can’t stress enough how important it is to understand there isn’t any magic pill for losing the weight; the only way to do it by is putting in the work (at the gym or something similar) and by eating correct portions and healthy food.
You have to move; you know it because you’re smart and because I keep saying it J
You also must measure your food because somewhere in the 70’s we lost track of what is a portion. If you’re trying to lose weight and you can’t there are 2 options: either you eat too much, or you don’t eat enough.

2 months ago I was stuck (not getting as ripped as I would love to) and couldn’t understand why, so I cut my carbs even more but it didn’t change a thing!
So I started measuring my food, thinking that maybe I’m eating too much fat (ok, too much peanut butter); my goal was 220 grams of carbs, 50 grams of fat and 100 grams protein – a total of 1730 calories…I couldn’t! I was eating 100 grams of protein. No problem there, but the fat and the carbs were hard to hit…I ended up eating pita just to hit it!
And it made me feel gross…once in a while it’s ok but eating it every day just made me feel gross…do you ever get it?
So I decided the hitting over 200 grams of carbs daily was too much for me, (my body prefers protein and fat and my body is healthy enough to know what’s good for it) so I decided to do something called “carbs cycling”.

Carbs cycling is when every day you eat different amounts of carbs; for example:
Monday: 170 grams
Tuesday: 200 grams
Wednesday: 150 grams
Thursday: 130 grams
Friday: 250 grams
Saturday: 170 grams
Sunday: 150 grams

Now ideally you want to change your fat and protein amounts to fit but this should be calculated for you by a professional. So first start with just watching your carbs and to make sure you play it safe. 

Make sure the fat you eat is healthy like:
·         Ghee
·         Butter
·         Coconut oil
·         Olive oil
·         Sesame oil
·         Flax seed oil
·         Nut and seed butter
·         All kinds of seeds
·         All kinds of fish and sea food
·         Soy bean
·         Organic Eggs
·         Nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews)
·         Avocado
·         Chickpeas

Fat helps the sugar in the carbs to be digested better by your body and prevents it from being stored as fat.
Fat is what helps you to process the carbs and to use them for energy, so make sure you eat fat if you eat carbs because this “low fat high fiber” diets doesn’t do good to your body; your body deserves the best and just like you put lotion on your skin you need to moisturize your body from the inside (with fat).
·         Coconut oil can be used as lotion too J
And now for the magic question….how do I count my grams of carbs?
I downloaded an app called “calories counter” to my smartphone. Being healthy has never been so easy, so stop making excuses and be healthy and happy.

Dare to dream!

And if you need help with calculating how many grams to eat or with a workout plan I have new sell for the holidays: 30% off for the first 30 people so contact me today!

And now for recipes…Yum Yum

These recipes have carbs, fat and protein and are easy, healthy and tasty!

Coconut shrimps with pineapple salsa
Ingredients

SHRIMP:
·         28 large shrimps (about 1 1/2 pounds)
·         1/3 cup cornstarch 
·         1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
·         3 large egg whites
·         1 1/2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut 
·         Cooking spray 

SALSA: 
·         1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple 
·         1/3 cup finely chopped red onion 
·         1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
·         1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
·         1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
·         1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation
1.       Preheat oven to 400°.
2.       To prepare shrimps, peel and devein the shrimps, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimps in cold water; drain on paper towels until dry.
3.       Combine cornstarch and red pepper in a shallow dish; stir with a whisk. Place the egg whites in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until frothy (about 2 minutes). Place coconut in a shallow dish.
4.       Working with one shrimp at a time, dredge in cornstarch mixture. Dip in egg white; dredge in coconut, pressing gently with fingers. Place shrimp on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat the procedure with remaining shrimp, cornstarch mixture, egg white, and coconut. Lightly coat shrimp with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until shrimp are done, turning after 10 minutes.
5.       To prepare salsa, combine pineapple and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir to combine.

Chickpea recipe (vegan and gluten free):
Ingredients
·         1 tbsp olive oil
·         1 onion, finely chopped
·         2 garlic cloves, minced
·         2 tbsp curry powder
·         1 tbsp ginger, minced
·         2 small sweet potatoes
·         1 large can diced tomatoes
·         1 medium can chickpeas
·         1/2 cup cilantro, chopped

Preparation
1.       Heat a large saucepan over medium-high. Add olive oil, onion, garlic cloves, curry powder and ginger. Cook 2 min.
2.       Peel sweet potatoes and chop into 1/2-in. pieces. Stir into saucepan along with diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 15 min. Stir in chickpeas, drained and rinsed, and continue cooking until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 min. Sprinkle with cilantro.

And that’s it for this time.
I hope you’ve learned something new J

Love

Research and writing by Dana Gat ©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment