Saturday 6 September 2014

Rule 45.
There’s no such thing as a “good sugar”
Sugar is bad for you. I wish I could just finish my post by saying that, but we’re so messed up as people already, that we think brown sugar is good.
Sugar is bad.
Yes you need simple carbs in your diet in order to live; but not this processed sugar crap. You get sugar from fruit, veggies and grains.
Remember my post about sodium and how you don’t need to add it to stuff? Same thing!
If you’re not as skinny as you want, it is because of the sugar you eat and not because of the olive oil! Fat doesn’t make you fat, sugar does!
I get bored from explaining over and over again why processed food is bad, so I’m not going to do it again. I’m going to cut is short this time.
You want to lose fat? You want to look good? You want to be healthy and full of energy? Cut the sugar from your diet.
Now as you know I have a sweet tooth (my blog does have the word “cake” in it…) so what do you do? Maple syrup and raw honey are a healthy choice; stevia is also a great choice for losing fat. That’s what I use.
Recipes?
Chocolate balls:
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp cacao powder
4 tbsp stevia powder
4 tbsp your choice of milk
½ cup oats
Optional: 1 tsp vanilla or coffee
·         Mix all of it in a blender or a food processor and make balls. You can rolls the balls with coconut. Put in the fridge. 
Banana chocolate mint ice cream:
Freeze a banana.
Blend it with mint and cacao powder.
You can add stevia if you have super sweet tooth.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge:
  8 oz. unsweetened chocolate (I use dark but do what you want)
  1 cup smooth peanut butter (no sugar added)
  1 cup (or to taste) sugar-equivalent of other zero-carb sugar substitute (I like stevia)
  1/2 teaspoon vanilla
·         Melt the chocolate. I usually like to melt things by putting them in a ball and then put the ball in hot water for a few minutes. I find I have more control over it.

·          Mix in the rest of the ingredients, adjusting sweetener to taste.

·         Pack or spread into a loaf pan. Cool to room temperature, or you can put it in the refrigerator. Cut into 18 pieces and serve.
Pumpkin cheesecake:
3 packages reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 large eggs
15 oz. can pumpkin (I suggest to cook a pumpkin and mash it. use can if you HAVE to)
1/4 cup heavy cream
·          Preheat the oven to 350° F.
·          Beat the cream cheese, stevia, vanilla, cinnamon, and the nutmeg with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. Make sure to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the eggs beat just until blended. Beat in the pumpkin and cream.
·          Pour the batter into an ungreased pan, and place it on a baking sheet.
·         Bake until the center is nearly set, 60-70 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
·         Cool completely on the rack. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled before serving, at least 4 hours.

This is just a taste! But the thing I’m trying to tell you is: it’s not that hard. You can live a healthy life and enjoy every moment of it! if you’re not losing weight it is because you’re full of….well, you know.


Research and writing by Dana Gat ©2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment