Autumn is a beautiful season. It’s romantic, sexy, classy and playful.
If autumn was a woman it will be the perfect woman!
When I think about autumn I think about cozy beautiful a handmade sweater mixed with Chanel 5 and drinks of the gods.
Now I’m not going to knit you a sweater and I can’t afford Chanel 5 so let’s talk about those drinks!
So those drink are not going to help you lose weight, but once in a while you’re allowed to live this “old Hollywood” dream and enjoy your time… Remember what I always say:
“nothing is sexier than a smile” and starved depressed people don’t smile…
However, you can make the drink not as bad for you and you know….EAT THE CAKE AND NOT GET FAT?
Works for me! So let’s jump straight to recipes because there’ real benefit in them beside being happy.
Spiced White Hot Chocolate:
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cinnamon sticks
· 1/4 cup sugar free white chocolate
· 1 cup hot water
1. Put the white chocolate in the water and melt it.
2. Mix in the nutmeg and chilli.
3. Add the cinnamon stick and serve hot.
Pumpkin spice latte:
· 1 cup your choice of milk
· 1 cup hot brewed coffee
· 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
· 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or stevia to taste
· 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice pie
mix everything in a blender.
Pumpkin spice cider:
· 1 cup pumpkin puree
· 2 1/2 cups apple cider
· 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
· Cinnamon stick
- In a large pot, mix together the pumpkin puree, apple cider, pumpkin pie spice and the cinnamon stick. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 20 minutes. If mixture is too thick, add additional cider or water to thin it out.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove clumps and cinnamon stick. Serve warm.
· 2 tablespoons corn stretch
· 2 cups your choice of milk
· 4 teaspoons stevia
· 1/4 teaspoon rosewater
· Ground cinnamon, for garnish
· 2 teaspoons finely chopped pistachios, for garnish
In a small saucepan, combine corn stretch and milk, whisking well. Set saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly. When mixture has thickened, about 2 minutes longer, add stevia and rosewater and stir. Divide salep between two mugs and garnish with cinnamon and chopped pistachios.
Now there’s plenty more. You can use coffees you can use whatever chocolate you want…be creative…I just wanted to give you the “green light” to enjoy some of them and of course give you recipe for SALEP!
You must try it!
Now….go and enjoy and don’t forget to check my instagram for more daily recipes and tips @danagatfit